ARE WE OPEN?
Somewhat! See below
We also have several Online Activities
Every Sunday, effective September 6, 2020 - In Person Communion Service in Church SUSPENDED FOR NOW
January 9, 2021 (early for week of Jan 11-17)
Hello, friends and members of UIF!
- DRIVE UP COMMUNION – this Sunday, January 10th from noon-2pm. Drive up to back door (I’ll be waiting inside since it’s cold), stay in your car, masked, and I’ll come to you.
- Sunday, January 10th at 9:30 livestream worship. Worship with us virtually through livestream on Sunday mornings at 9:30am on Facebook (www.facebook.com/uiflc) OR YouTube at our UIFLC channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC48ZorvqlmodW7DKTSofJ3A). Service program attached. After Sunday’s virtual worship (approximately 10:30am), find us at a ZOOM Virtual Coffee Hour https://us02web.zoom.us/j/314512003?pwd=YklNQnlJN1Z6ckFYb2RVYkhmdEZFdz09
- UIF Sunday school is on a break until January. We do not know when to expect any in person worship services – none scheduled at this time.
BURYING THE ALLELUIA’s: We invite you to create an ALLELUIA at home (nothing fancy) and video tape yourself/your family “burying” it. You can close it into a book, put it under a table, close it up in a box, or symbolically bury it. Videos should be submitted to Pastor Carla (via email) by February 8th to be incorporated into Transfiguration Sunday’s worship video (for February 14th).
DEAR CHURCH BOOK STUDY - For five successive Wednesday evenings at 7pm (January 13 – February 10), you are invited to study and discuss the book Dear Church: A Love Letter from a Black Preacher to the Whitest Denomination in the U.S. by Lenny Duncan, the self-proclaimed “unlikeliest of pastors.” Reading Schedule: 1/13 review intro, chapter 1 & 2; 1/20 chap 3 & 4; 1/27 chap 5 & 6; 2/3 chap 7 & 8; 2/10 chapter 9-11. We will gather on ZOOM for this study.: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87063186914?pwd=dkhZRWV5REk3UVh6ZGlFdXJKb3AzUT09
LENT begins on Ash Wednesday, February 17, 2021. I am working on a Lent To Go project to send home with those who want to celebrate Ash Wednesday and Lent services at home. Service will be virtual only for Ash Wednesday, livestreamed at 11am on YouTube and Facebook (available on video on those sites after that). The Lent to Go packets will be available by Monday, Jan 25. You can pick them up (as well as an Annual Mtg packet if you wish) at church after that date. If you need to have a packet delivered to your home, please call the office to let Jeanne know. You can participate in the midweek Lent services without the Lent To Go packet, but there are little prompts for what to do with the Lent To Go packet items.
ANNUAL CONGREGATIONAL MEETING - Our UIF Annual Meeting will be Sunday, February 28th at 10:30am via ZOOM (watch for a letter asking you to participate – with very specific directions about how to join the ZOOM). Annual Meeting Packets should be available by Monday, Jan 25 (probably available online sooner). If you would like to pick one up at the church office, please let Jeanne know. We can probably distribute a limited number via delivery or mail, so call Jeanne if you need that.
If you want to give your offering to United in Faith online, now is your chance:
https://www.shelbygiving.com/app/giving/uif When you go there for the first time, you will have to create an online giving account.
The church office is open on Wednesdays from 10am-3pm in case you want to drop off or pick up anything from church (fair trade orders, borrowed hymnal, food pantry donation, offering envelopes).
You can reach out to me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if needed. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers these days as we live as the gathered church in many scattered locations.
Blessings to you all,
- Book Study - via Zoom Wednesdays, Jan 13 - Feb 10 at 7:00PM
- Annual Meeting via Zoom, Feb 28, 2021 at 10:30AM
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/uiflc
Martin Luther and His Incredible Response to the Black Plague - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/chorusinthechaos/martin-luther-and-the-black-plague/
Go To Home2 (Original Home Page)